- The Urban Erma: This is Not My Father’s Bowling AlleyPosted 1 month ago
- The Urban Erma: Bad Dog, No TurkeyPosted 2 months ago
- The Urban Erma: Fine Ass Forehead – A Different Kind of Beautiful MindPosted 3 months ago
- Royale Watkins Revamps Mixtape Comedy Show, Preps for TV Special, TourPosted 3 months ago
- Addicted To Comedy: Eating Writer’s Block for BreakfastPosted 3 months ago
Fellow Comedians Mourn Death of Outspoken Veteran Todd Lynn
Comedian Todd Lynn died last Friday from complications of diabetes, suffering two strokes and a heart attack. Lynn, who also battled pancreatic cancer, was best known for his television appearances on Late Show with David Letterman, P. Diddy’s Bad Boys of Comedy, My Wife and Kids, and Comedy Central Presents special. He gained notoriety as the radio co-host who was fired from HOT 97 for the infamous “Tsunami Song” and as the toughest critic of the New York stand-up comedy scene.
Lynn, who had survived heart and kidney failures last February, made a comeback returning to Montreal’s Just For Laughs Festival last summer with praiseworthy performances that led to television opportunities to appear on new shows such as Russell Simmons Presents The Ruckus. He had reportedly turned down those offers to focus on preparing for his first half-hour HBO comedy special, pending a clean bill of health.
Lynn was currently living in Mississippi with his family.
Friends and fans took to Twitter over the weekend to express their loss of the comedy great:
RIP comedian Todd Lynn – a very funny guy who was brutally honest to point of driving people (even me) crazy at times. He will be missed. – @Deanofcomedy
Very sad to read Todd Lynn has died. I genuinely liked him and will miss our arguments. RIP Todd. – @JimNorton
Comedian Todd Lynn…was a truth teller, a ball buster and as funny, on a night to night basis, as anyone. I miss him. – @briankoppelman
So sad to hear. He was always incredibly kind & welcoming to me in NY. He didn’t need to be. He just was. – @morgan_murphy
Rest in peace, Todd Lynn. Our stage will never be the same without you. – @laffhouse
Latest posts by Stage Time Magazine (see all)
- Trailer: Whoopi Goldberg Presents Moms Mabley Debuts on HBO - November 18, 2013
- November 2013 Comedian Book Signings - November 3, 2013
- September 2013 Comedian Book Signings - September 1, 2013
The Urban Erma: This is Not My Father’s Bowling Alley
A friend invited me to go bowling and I didn’t...
- Posted 1 month ago
The Urban Erma: Bad Dog, No Turkey
Dog is God spelled backwards, and like God my Cocker...
- Posted 2 months ago
The Urban Erma: Fine Ass Forehead – A Different Kind of Beautiful Mind
Last night a man said to me, “You have a...
- Posted 3 months ago