- The Urban Erma: This is Not My Father’s Bowling AlleyPosted 2 months ago
- The Urban Erma: Bad Dog, No TurkeyPosted 2 months ago
- The Urban Erma: Fine Ass Forehead – A Different Kind of Beautiful MindPosted 3 months ago
- Royale Watkins Revamps Mixtape Comedy Show, Preps for TV Special, TourPosted 3 months ago
- Addicted To Comedy: Eating Writer’s Block for BreakfastPosted 3 months ago
Aaron Hertzog, Asteroid, “Mystery Science Andre 3000′ win WitOut Awards
Stand-up comedian Aaron Hertzog was among the big winners at the 2013 WitOut Awards for Philadelphia Comedy Sunday night. Hertzog won two awards for Best Stand-Up Comedian and Best Stand-Up Bit for “First Guy in the World” (Netflix). Hosted by Philadelphia-based improv duo Grimacchio at World Cafe Live, the awards show parodied traditional entertainment awards events such as the Golden Globes, which aired the same night, and featured live bands Philadelphia Slick and Samantha Brown & The Grimacchio Dancers, as well as local comedians who served as presenters.
Asteroid took home two awards for Best Improv Group and Best Short-Run/One-Time Show for Improvised B-Movie Double Feature.
Mystery Science Andre 3000 (Camp Woods) won Best Sketch; The Feeko Brothers claimed the prize for Best Sketch Group.The improv honors went to Luke Field (Best Male Improviser) and Jess Ross (Best Female Improviser).
Mike Marbach, Davenger and Mary Radzinski also earned awards. Marbach’s show Gettin’ Close with Mike Marbach won Best Podcast/Web Series; Davenger claimed Best New Act, and Radzinski nabbed the award for Special Achievement in the Field of Tweeting (@MaryRadzinski).
Other winners included Sketch Up or Shut Up for Best Open Mic and Camp Woods Plus for Best Regular Show.
The WitOut Awards were sponsored by Philly Improv Theater and Narragansett Brewing Company.
Latest posts by Stage Time Magazine (see all)
- Trailer: Whoopi Goldberg Presents Moms Mabley Debuts on HBO - November 18, 2013
- November 2013 Comedian Book Signings - November 3, 2013
- September 2013 Comedian Book Signings - September 1, 2013
The Urban Erma: This is Not My Father’s Bowling Alley
A friend invited me to go bowling and I didn’t...
- Posted 2 months ago
The Urban Erma: Bad Dog, No Turkey
Dog is God spelled backwards, and like God my Cocker...
- Posted 2 months ago
The Urban Erma: Fine Ass Forehead – A Different Kind of Beautiful Mind
Last night a man said to me, “You have a...
- Posted 3 months ago