- Open Call: YouNow Stand Up Throwdown Comedy ContestPosted 3 days ago
- Addicted To Comedy: “Comedy…Super Size Me!”Posted 6 days ago
- The Urban Erma: In Search of the Black Female SuperheroPosted 7 days ago
- May 2013 Comedian Book SigningsPosted 11 days ago
- The Urban Erma: Evolve or DiePosted 15 days ago
Comic Observations: Chris Rock’s Advice to New Comics
Comedian-actor Chris Rock offered some advice to up and coming comedians in his farewell appearance on Oprah.
“When I meet you in Detroit or Cincinnati, move. Not that there’s anything wrong with those towns, but show business is in New York and Los Angeles and Oprah in Chicago,” he says. “You have to be a student of comedy. You have to do it because you want to do it; don’t do it because you want to get famous. It’s too easy to get famous. People think, ‘Cameras should follow me because I’ve got a personality.’ Everybody’s got a personality. What is your backbone? Are you trained as an actor? Are you trained as a journalist?’” – Chris Rock, Oprah.com
Read Chris Rock’s interview on Oprah.