- Open Call: YouNow Stand Up Throwdown Comedy ContestPosted 4 days ago
- Addicted To Comedy: “Comedy…Super Size Me!”Posted 7 days ago
- The Urban Erma: In Search of the Black Female SuperheroPosted 7 days ago
- May 2013 Comedian Book SigningsPosted 12 days ago
- The Urban Erma: Evolve or DiePosted 16 days ago
Laughing Devil Comedy Festival Accepting Submissions
The Laughing Devil Comedy Festival is accepting submissions for its inaugural event. Stand-up comedians can register online and submt videos 3-10 minutes and a $40 non-refundable fee. Sixty competition slots are available and the selected comedians will be notified by April 15. The deadline for submissions is March 15. The winner receives $2,500 and paid work from various clubs. The competition will be judged by decision makers in the industry. Already announced is Angela Bowers, Talent Coordinator at VH1. More industry judges will be announced each week.
Created by comedians Steve Hofstetter and Marshall Chiles, the same team behind Laughing Skull, the Laughing Devil Festival combines a comedy competition with a celebrity headliner event at the brand new Laughing Devil Comedy Club in Long Island City, NY, and other venues TBA. The festival will also feature post parties, a poker night, a Civil War Kickball Game and industry panels. Comedians Dan Naturman and Godfrey are scheduled to headline at the week-long event.
The Laughing Devil Comedy Festival will take place May 12-20, 2012 in New York City.
For more information, visit DevilFestival.com.