- Open Call: YouNow Stand Up Throwdown Comedy ContestPosted 2 days ago
- Addicted To Comedy: “Comedy…Super Size Me!”Posted 5 days ago
- The Urban Erma: In Search of the Black Female SuperheroPosted 6 days ago
- May 2013 Comedian Book SigningsPosted 10 days ago
- The Urban Erma: Evolve or DiePosted 14 days ago
Register Now for Breaking into Corporate Comedy Workshop – July 29
The first-ever Breaking Into Corporate Comedy Workshop presented by Stage Time magazine and led by veteran corporate comedian Carmen Ciricillo will show aspiring and working comedians how to break into the lucrative corporate comedy market.
This workshop is designed for comedians of all levels who would like to expand their comedy experience and generate income. If you’re tired of working gig to gig for little or no pay, this workshop is for you!
When: Sunday, July 29 at 12-4pm
Where: Laughing Devil Comedy Club, Long Island City, NY
In this workshop, students will learn:
- How to book a corporate gig
- What kind of material you need for the client and audience
- How to create niche and branding
- How to create awesome marketing and lists
and much more.
“It’s tough to make a living relying on what you earn in comedy clubs,” says Ciricillo. ” Even if you’re a national touring headliner you can’t rely solely on club money. Comics will also supplement their income by working another job that is not related to standup. I thought about this years ago while I was on the road, and decided that if I could break into the world of corporate comedy, I could make more money, improve my act and still stay in the biz.”
“The biggest benefit from corporate work is the money, but don’t forget that they also pay expenses! You can do a [corporate] gig in San Francisco then go hang out at the Punchline – pretty sweet! I have done this for 20 years and still am successfully working strong. You will hear all about how I made it and continue to make unbelievable deals because I know the corporate mindset.